Experience counts. Knowledge counts. Who you hire to represent you reflects your claim. Do you want to be one of 1,000 cases or do you want to stand out?
Hiring a personal injury attorney in Baton Rouge is an important decision. It can have implications for years to come. Attorney Ed Kramer urges you to consider very carefully who you hire to represent you in personal injury case.
Ten Reasons to Hire an Experienced Baton Rouge Personal Injury Attorney
Here are ten reasons to hire an experienced personal injury attorney.
- Experience Assessing Claims: Personal injury attorneys are experienced with cases like yours and can tell you whether it is worth it to pursue legal action. If you are unlikely to win your case, you can avoid the time and expense of preparing for litigation.
- No Fees if You Don’t Recover: Most personal injury attorneys work on a contingency fee, which means that if you do not win, you do not pay.
- Red Tape: Complicated legal procedures, confusing medical terms, and lots and lots of paperwork are common in personal injury cases. An experienced attorney can work through the maze of paperwork necessary to resolve your claim. s
- Expert Team: Usually, attorneys work with a team of investigators who have experience in specialized areas and will skillfully examine the technical aspects of your case.
- Objectivity: Anger, pain, frustration, and fear may impact your ability to see the facts clearly. An attorney can be more objective about your case than you and will not make a rash decision.
- Arbitration and Mediation: Lengthy and complicated trials are not always necessary to resolve a case. An experienced attorney will know whether your case may be best worked out using alternative dispute resolution methods (ADR).
- Experience Working With Other Lawyers: An experienced personal injury lawyer can deal most effectively and quickly with the other side’s attorney.
- Experience With Insurance Companies: Personal injury lawyers are used to working with adjusters will not be confused by their tactics or feel pressured to settle for an unsatisfactory amount.
- Best Settlements: Many personal injury cases are resolved by a negotiated settlement instead of a trial. But, if your attorney can get your case ready for trial, you often get the best settlement possible.
- Best Jury Verdicts: If a trial is necessary, a personal injury lawyer can zealously represent you in court and work toward achieving the best possible jury verdict in your favor. He or she will develop a legal strategy designed to help get you maximize your recovery.
Get a Free Consultation from a Personal Injury Attorney
As you can see, a personal injury attorney may be critical to your claim. If you’ve been injured by the careless actions of another person, you should consider hiring a Louisiana attorney as soon as possible after the incident. It’s important to speak to a lawyer familiar with the laws in your jurisdiction.